Get to know Yana Weaver
- My favorite part of being an accountant is having an opportunity to meet people and being able to simplify their lives by taking the burden of tax compliance off their shoulders.
- If I was stranded on a desert island all I would need is a good book.
- The number one item on my bucket list is to take my daughter on a Disney Cruise while she is still young.
- When I am not working with clients I love spending time with my daughter.
- My favorite book is Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
- I love traveling to Moscow, Russia to spending time with my friends and relatives.
Yana Weaver joined ELLS CPAs in 2002.
Yana has 20 years of experience providing private and public companies with a wide range of accounting and tax services. She has extensive experience in many areas of taxation. She is serving clients in manufacturing, health care and real estate industries providing them with entity planning support, transaction structuring, buy/sell agreements, practice entry and exit strategies, cross border transactions and other important financial matters.
Yana’s area of expertise is U.S. international taxation and compliance. She provides international taxation consulting to the firm’s foreign owned corporate clients as well as US-resident clients doing business abroad.
Yana’s background includes, among other services, extensive experience in revenue recognition for tax purposes, Section 382 issues (Net Operating Losses), preparation and review of provisions for current and deferred income taxes under ASC 740 (formerly FAS 109 and FIN 48), analysis of overhead allocations for the purpose of uniform inventory capitalization rules (Section 263A), and related party transactions.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance & Banking), Russian Economic Academy
- Master of Science in Taxation, California State University, Fullerton
- Master of Business Administration (Finance), University of California, Irvine
- Over 17 years in accounting, auditing, and financial analysis and over 7 years of experience in public accounting
- Areas of expertise include preparation and supervision of the firms’ most complex individual, corporate, partnership, estate, and trust tax returns
- Currently supervises and works directly with the majority of the firms’ manufacturing, distributing, and professional services clients.
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- Firm member, CPA Associates International (CPAAI)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)