Get to know Ed Lieber
- When I am not working with clients I enjoy playing tennis.
- My favorite part about being an accountant is helping clients to become successful.
- If I could visit anywhere it would be someplace I have never been such as Africa or South America.
- My greatest accomplishment has been founding the Sertoma Baseball/Softball Camp of deaf and hard of hearing youth.
Tax Shareholder, Managing Shareholder
Edward J. Lieber joined the ELLS team in 1977 and became an officer and shareholder in 1983. He currently serves as President, managing partner and a member of ELLS tax department.
With over three decades in public accounting, Ed’s areas of expertise include individual and corporate taxation, California state Enterprise Zones and federal tax credits, real estate tax strategies, IRS and Franchise Tax Board representation, business advisory services, strategic growth strategies, and retirement planning.
Ed specializes in working with clients in the manufacturing industry. His industry expertise led him to form the Manufacturers’ Resource Group of Orange County in 2009, a group of business professionals all serving the manufacturing industry. Ed works closely with his clients providing management controls studies, operational analysis, cash-flow management strategies, tax strategies such as sales and use tax and research and development tax credits.
As a way to help deaf and hard of hearing youths, Ed founded the Sertoma Fantasy Baseball Camp in 1997 and has served as the camp’s Director since inception. The camp gives these youths the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of baseball in a supportive group environment.
Ed currently is serves on the board of directors as the treasurer of the Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce and is very involved in the Chamber activities. Ed enjoys helping the chamber reach out to businesses in the Santa Ana community.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting), University of Southern California
Professional Awards, Activities and Memberships
- Firm Member, CPA Associates International (CPAAI)
- Firm Administrator Committee
- Managing Partner Committee
- Board of Directors, 2012
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member, Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Member, Beta Alpha Psi, National Accounting Honors Society
- Series 7 Securities License
- Licensed as a Registered Representative and Life Insurance Agent
- Founder, Manufacturers’ Resource Group of Orange County